City Council Updates
Cleveland Black Women and Girls Commission: Apply now - deadline extended until Aug. 31st.
The Commission is looking for women and girls, women in college and girls and young women from 11 to 17 years old, as well as women in various careers. The application link has more information. Members will advise both the mayor and city council in making legislation and program recommendations.
Urban Forestry Commission applications are now being accepted until August 29th. Council appoints seven and the mayor appoints eight. More information and the application here: Urban Forestry Commission Application | City of Cleveland (clevelandohio.gov)
To be eligible to participate, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- A certified arborist
- A representative from an electric company
- A developer who has completed projects in the city
- Three resident representatives, one being a youth between the ages of 11-17 who has permission from their parent/legal guardian
- A representative from an environmental justice organization
- Two representatives from a non-profit or non-governmental organization whose mission it is to advocate for preservation or enhancement of urban forests, wildlife habitat, or similar natural system.